About Me

I was a second-career teacher, newly retired. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 sons-in-law, a baby granddaughter, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and worked on Long Island.

Tuesday, March 4, 2025

The Important Thing






Today's slice is inspired by Margaret Wise Brown's The Important Book.

 I share this with you on this drab and dreary Day 4:


The important thing about writing is that it lets you give out your emotions and tell the world how you feel.

Sometimes you feel sad and that's OK to write about.

Sometimes the person who reads your piece will feel sad too or maybe cheer you up!

Sometimes you write about your hopes and dreams.

Other times you write about a memory and bask in the comfort it provides.

And still others, you write about joy.

But the important thing about writing is that you write what is in your heart.

4 comments:

  1. Great format and a powerful reminder to look inside rather than outside ourselves when we need to or want to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Important Book as a reflection tool. Yours is just perfect and spot on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ending! It's so true--that is absolutely the important thing about writing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.