About Me

I was a second-career teacher, newly retired. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 sons-in-law, a baby granddaughter, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and worked on Long Island.

Saturday, March 8, 2025

coffee in bed

 


Squeeze – Black Coffee In Bed ...



he texts me from the kitchen, "coffee?"

i respond with an emphatic, "yes, please!"

lingering in bed, still groggy with sleep, i await my coffee delivery.

looking at photos, doomscrolling, playing wordle, reading the news, watching tv, it doesn't matter. those small shards of time idly spent are a luxurious avoidance of checking off items on the day's to-do list.

he began the ritual of bringing me coffee during Covid when virtual school began later than being in school and all my morning routines were topsy turvy.

now it's weekends only and his coffee service is reminiscent of the not so distant past.

so much has changed in the five years since the world shut down from the Pandemic.

morning coffee in bed is a steadfast symbol of love, our love. 

it gifts me with a few more moments of time, reminding me to be joyful, to appreciate kindness, and to give love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.