About Me

I was a second-career teacher, newly retired. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 sons-in-law, a baby granddaughter, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and worked on Long Island.

Monday, March 3, 2025

Motherhood and Daughterhood


Watching my daughter become a mother has been a journey that began long before my granddaughter was born. As she carried her child and prepared a world for her entrance, I witnessed the beauty of her transformation. I was able to see how nurturing a mother she would become as she questioned thoughtfully and purposefully.

In an instant, her world changed when she welcomed her baby girl. The quiet filled with newborn sounds.

Her patience, strength, and determination knows no bounds when it comes to giving her daughter the very best of her.

The love in my heart deepens with every moment, every glance, and every smile between them reminding me of how love evolves.

I realize how we, and the women who came before us are bonded in this understanding of sacrifice, joy, and privilege that is motherhood.

Knowing that life is unfolding into something richer and deeper than I ever could have imagined fills me with hope in these often hopeless times.




4 comments:

  1. I love this
    🩷aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing that you get to observe this transformation in your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully captured: "Bonded in this understanding of sacrifice, joy, and privilege that is motherhood." Yes! And when we are younger, we cannot think that life will get richer than we can ever imagine. It is a valuable message - and why sharing our stories matters so much. This post (and others, I am sure) will be such treasures to your daughter and granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.