I am so over you, lockdown
We've gotta talk
I just can't do this anymore
I'm sick and tired of shouting "I can't hear you" through muffled masks
Dying to soften up my rough and chapped, hand washed and sanitized hands
I want to eat a meal in a restaurant,
be served,
not to have to wash the dishes
I miss movies, shows, concerts, packing a suitcase
I need to dance at a party,
to celebrate a marriage, a birth,
give a hug,
honor a life that has been lost
I can't pretend anymore
that this normal
Covid, I am so over you
and have been for a long, long time.
I hate you
I hope you die


Even though I am 100% with you on the "I hate you" part, I really love how you personified COVID and wrote it a letter. "Breaking Up With Winter" poems also sound very interesting.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful list. You've nailed so many things that are leaving a hole in our lives. And like you the muffled mask talk is really wearing me down. I love your letter structure.
ReplyDeleteAmen to that!
ReplyDelete