We need to talk.
I just can’t do this anymore.
I need to put my black to rest.
Focus more on my colors.
I just want my closet back the way it used to be.
I need to wipe the mud from my boots.
I’m not in love with wool any more.
I deserve better than this.
Scarves, mittens, gloves just aren’t working for me.
Hats, I’m so over you.
There’s someone else.
But it’s over and it has been for a while.
I hate you.



You said it, Rissa! Loved your poem. Seems that winter is getting very clingy in this relationship. We're in the midst of a snowstorm. Yuck!
ReplyDeleteOh, I feel the same way! Move on, winter, move on.
ReplyDeleteHa! Love it! One sentence per line is a great choice when it comes to tone -- abrupt and clippy! It reminded me of this poem:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.loc.gov/poetry/180/127.html
We in Alberta are done with all this too -- but the snow keeps falling... :(