We
are reading The One and Only Ivan in our third grade classroom. The kids love
it and for me, it’s a journey of new discoveries with each read.
With
the help of Erika Victor whose third graders are also enjoying this story, I have begun a
class blog.
My
students are learning how to write a blog post and to comment on each other’s
posts.
What’s
happening is incredible!
Take
a peek:




I think I might need to read the "One and Only Ivan" with my third graders now! Great way to get the kids blogging too.
ReplyDelete-Amanda at http://teachingwanderlust.com/2015/03/18/food-drive-sol18/
I am reading that aloud with my 4th graders....we are also following in the March Book Madness competition. It has made it to the Elite 8 so far. Giving students are real venue for interacting with each other about books is terrific. Way to go!
ReplyDeleteI am reading that aloud with my 4th graders....we are also following in the March Book Madness competition. It has made it to the Elite 8 so far. Giving students are real venue for interacting with each other about books is terrific. Way to go!
ReplyDeleteThe One and Only Ivan is such a special book and makes a perfect read aloud. I'm impressed with your 3rd graders!!
ReplyDelete