About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Friday, March 4, 2016

Purging


I bet you’re thinking this post will be about the purging associated with binging right?

Nope! It's about discarding.
Remember my post from yesterday? About the audio book I’m listening to?
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up.

I am so proud to proclaim that I got started today!

With the help of my friend, Denise we spent ½ hour “discarding” stuff I will not need in my classroom. Threw that stuff out in the large trash bin.

The comforting thought being that if I realize I discarded something I'll need, Denise will have it. And, she will know where to find it. Because Denise, unlike me is organized. She throws stuff out and knows where to find the stuff she keeps.


I feel lighter…freer…clearer…

Productive.



1 comment:

  1. Awesome! It is so hard to let go of things. How did the ideas from the book work in the classroom? Is nice to have a neighbor as back up!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.