About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

No Judgment

Today I realized the freedom of being straight with someone. 
No-holds-barred honesty.

Today I grasped that acknowledgement of my struggle does not mean that I’m weak.
Or that I’m less than.

Today I recognized that divulging my truth doesn’t mean that I’ve admitted defeat.
And that I've just begun the journey.

Today I learned that I can reveal my fears and I won’t be judged inadequate.
This revelation will set me free.

Today I appreciate that it’s ok to ask for help.
That I am not doing it alone.

Today I feel lighter.

4 comments:

  1. "Struggle does not mean I'm weak", thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In vulnerability we find connection, and in connecting, strength. Sounds like a life lesson to lift your spirit today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely and utterly lifted... Grateful for the moment and praying for it to last... Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Ah, those moments of lightness and enlightening are so wonderful. Hope it continues!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.