About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

More Like a Sliver Than a Slice

Should I?
Shouldn't I?

To write or not to write, that is the question.

This would be my 4th SOLC...if I decide to write. Nothing to scoff at.

It's not that I don't have the words.

What I'm questioning is my commitment and what type of words I've got.

I'm worried about my voice since this is
a tough year; my toughest yet.

I know that if I take the plunge, I will find my voice.

I know that the SOLC community will help me make sense of the nonsense.


I will start with one step at a time.....

                    a sliver of a slice.


Day One...Thank you to the Two Writing Teachers for pushing me to be my best self. I appreciate the opportunity.





6 comments:

  1. A sliver, a slice, a bite...it is ALL part of the writing pie! I remember reading your slices my first year of slicing. I am happy to visit again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Leigh Anne...you are so kind and generous....it is your feedback and others like you that keep writers like me keep on pushin' on.

      Delete
  2. I'm a second career teacher, too! I appreciate your apprehension about participating- I'm glad you decided to write! I look forward to reading your slices as we progress through the challenge together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you serve up a wonderful little sliver! Isn't writing a great way to find our voice? Thanks for having the courage to share yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if a tough year will equal a stronger voice. I look forward to your slices over the month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley....not sure about a strong voice but It's definitely a tired one!

      Delete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.