About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Gone

2 hours of work
Throwing myself into the detested ‘TEACHER’S PRE-OBSERVATION FORM’
Ideas flowing furiously from mind to keyboard
Immersed in concentration
Loathing the repetitiveness
Trying to make it sound fresher this time

Lost the entire document
Forgetting to do what I tell my students they must
Save, Save, Save

Stuff
that's tailor made for a SOLC


7 comments:

  1. We have all been there. I was just there (to a much lesser extent) with an earlier reply. I clicked sign out instead of publish. Seriously? Sorry for this lost time. I'm sure you had many things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Loathing the repetitiveness." So true! My teacher friends and I sit in meetings asking, "Didn't we just write that??"

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Loathing the repetitiveness." So true! My teacher friends and I sit in meetings asking, "Didn't we just write that??"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making a mistake is much harder to accept when it is something that we have warned our kids about. Sorry it happened to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Repetitiveness ... So true and so much of it and sometimes a pure waste of precious time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grrr--teacher paperwork is such a hassle! Especially when it's hard to see the value of some of it. On top of that, losing it is NO FUN! Hope the rewriting went smoothly and it's all done now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grrr--teacher paperwork is such a hassle! Especially when it's hard to see the value of some of it. On top of that, losing it is NO FUN! Hope the rewriting went smoothly and it's all done now.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.