About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Saturday, March 14, 2015

What I'm Reading Now

So many books, so little time (especially during the month of March :)
Here is a snapshot of my reading life.....

On my kindle: The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
On my night stand: Vogue, Elle, Vanity Fair (March issues)
On my computer: Two Writing Teachers SOLS, Tumblr
On my tablet: Reviews of the fourth and final Fashion Week in Paris and Goodreads

In my classroom: The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
Peter Pan retold from the original by J.M. Barrie
The Greedy Triangle by Marilyn Burns

At the nail salon: current issues of People Magazine

In hardcover: Ivan, the Remarkable True Story of the Shopping Mall Gorilla by Katherine Applegate

Re-reading: The Red Leather Diary by Lily Koppel

Just finished reading: The Long Goodbye by Meghan O'RourkeDear Hope, Love Grandma by Hilda Abramson Hurwitz, House of Special Purpose by John Boyne

Can’t wait to read: Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson, Notice and Note by Beers and Probst

Can’t wait to re-read: Wonder by R.J. Palacio, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

What I never tire of reading: anything by Ezra Jack Keats, Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak, Ira Sleeps Over by Bernard Waber, the Iris and Walter series by Elissa Haden Guest, The Phantom Tollbooth by Jules Feiffer, A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park, Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

What I’m trying not to read: Facebook, Instagram

This post was inspired by The Reading Teacher Blogs.




4 comments:

  1. I love your ode to reading. We have some overlap, perhaps because we both teach third grade. I am thinking of doing a book list slice at some point, but I am afraid I will leave out something important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ode to reading. We have some overlap, perhaps because we both teach third grade. I am thinking of doing a book list slice at some point, but I am afraid I will leave out something important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's virtually impossible not to!!!! Thank you for all of your inspiration, Erika!

      Delete
  3. Love how much reading you squeeze into each day! I am always disappointed with my reading level at about this time of year...but spring break is just around corner! I'm a huge fan of reading and re-reading Ezra Jack Keats...love him!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.