About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Weekend Plans

I’m going to visit my sister….

She lives in Albany.
I’ll take the afternoon off from school.
I’ll take two trains to get there.
I’ll read The Goldfinch and I’ll nap.

She'll pick me up from the station.
She’s got the weekend all planned out.
She will share the news of her job search.
Her friends will come over for dinner; she will cook a delicious meal.

Maybe we’ll go to the movies.
Maybe go for a run together.

We’re going to catch up on the TV shows we both watch.
We will remember our mom and dad.
We’ll laugh about the silly things and cry about the terrible ones.

And all the while, our parents will be smiling.






4 comments:

  1. This reminds me so much of my sister and me. It made me smile....especially the last line....your parents smiling at the two of you. I think it is time for me to have a special weekend with my sister. Thanks, Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend with your sister. Enjjoy your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend - your plans sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time! Sounds like so much to fun to anticipate this time together. You have a wonderful connection to each other. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.