About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Monday, March 23, 2015

This Was One of Those Days!

Amy Krouse Rosenthal’s One of Those Days is one of those books that I love to use in the classroom. The illustrations are so funny and the kids laugh out loud at the bad days in the book.
My favorite one of those days from the book is “Everything Is No Day” and “Itchy Sweater Day.” Sometimes we just read the book and enjoy it and sometimes we create our own One of Those Days class books.


I had my own One Of Those Days today. It went something like this…

Pressed Snooze and Overslept Day

Took Out Garbage With a Hole in The Bottom of the Bag Day

Got to School Late and Forgot About My Meeting Day

Math Lesson Did Not Go as Planned Day

Forgot My Lunch at Home and Had to Eat Cafeteria Food Day

Left My Phone In the Classroom Had to Go Back To Get It Day

Burnt the Hamburgers and Sweet Potato Fries for Dinner Day

Luckily, there’s a brand new day waiting for all of us tomorrow!


Ate Pretzels


6 comments:

  1. Love your pattern! This is a great idea for a mentor text!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the pattern too, and thanks for the reminder about a fun book. Hope tomorrow is a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mentor text! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun slice! I love the mentor text. I think my 6th graders would have a blast with this! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a funny and great structure for a Slice. I have had one too many of those days myself. I am going to go to my library tomorrow and see if I can find that book, I think my kiddos would love it! Thanks for the inspiration and hope tomorrow is a Just Plain Awesome Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these. What a great pattern!! Perfect for an "I can't believe it's Monday" sort of day. I have to get this book. Have you ever read her "21 Uses for a Mom?" Such a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.