About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Super Powers of Blogging


We are reading The One and Only Ivan in our third grade classroom. The kids love it and for me, it’s a journey of new discoveries with each read.

With the help of Erika Victor whose third graders are also enjoying this story, I have begun a class blog.

My students are learning how to write a blog post and to comment on each other’s posts.

What’s happening is incredible!


Take a peek:



4 comments:

  1. I think I might need to read the "One and Only Ivan" with my third graders now! Great way to get the kids blogging too.

    -Amanda at http://teachingwanderlust.com/2015/03/18/food-drive-sol18/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading that aloud with my 4th graders....we are also following in the March Book Madness competition. It has made it to the Elite 8 so far. Giving students are real venue for interacting with each other about books is terrific. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading that aloud with my 4th graders....we are also following in the March Book Madness competition. It has made it to the Elite 8 so far. Giving students are real venue for interacting with each other about books is terrific. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The One and Only Ivan is such a special book and makes a perfect read aloud. I'm impressed with your 3rd graders!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.