About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Ten Entertaining Things About Me


This is an offshoot of others’ slices….

1.  I sing along with the radio and if I don’t know the lyrics, I fake it.
2.  When my sister was a newborn at 5 years old, I climbed into her crib and bit her finger.
3.  When there are no distractions, I can swim for hours doing laps in my backyard pool.
4.  I had the lead role in My Fair Lady in the 6th grade but no significant theatric role thereafter.
5.  I cannot multitask while on the phone and that’s why I don’t like talking on it much.
6.  I’ve had a past life regression analysis and believe what I learned about myself.
7.  I once faked being hypnotized on stage in college and did a really good job!
8.  I’m a very skilled bargain hunter.
9.  I save up conversation for dinnertime when I’m alone with my husband.
10.My favorite type of entertainment is a very funny comedian.






5 comments:

  1. I laughed at the part about biting your sister's finger.

    I love finding a good bargain. I'm not as good at it as I'd like to be.

    I enjoyed reading about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I save up conversations to chat with my hubby too...but the kids usually interrupt...so we've got to find more time to be alone. I love how your ten things were funny and unexpected. faking the lyrics is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that multitasking and phone calls do not mix! Love the variety of your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you are a skilled bargain hunter. I have s friend like that and she scores awesome deals! I get annoyed with long phone calls because I can't multi task and lose too much time. Great getting to know you better through your list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list and I love the your personal twist to the original slice idea. Your poor sister! I did the same thing but she was older and I was mad! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.