About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Friday, March 20, 2015

Staying Connected With the Past and Present

My mother had a saying when the phone would ring “A heart feels a heart,” she’d tell the caller.

I have adopted it as my own when my own friends call. “My mother would say, a heart feels a heart,” I tell them.

It’s my little way of keeping my mom’s spirit alive; by commemorating something that was uniquely her.

My heart felt the heart of a friend today. We hadn’t been in touch for ages.


I think it’s my mom’s way of staying connected.

2 comments:

  1. My own heart smiled at this story. We get brushes from angel's wings like that when we pay attention, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So often, my dad will pick up the phone to call and it will ring in his hand- me calling! His heart feeling my heart. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.