About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Inspired by Ms.Victor Reads, I am sitting here thinking....what have I done?
This is my third year participating in the March SOLSC. I've loved it in the past. Loved the feeling of being part of this community of writers. Loved reading the sheer brilliance of other slicers. Loved getting comments from those with so much writing experience.
So why the second thoughts? Why the feeling of trepidation and insecurity? Why dread instead of excitement?
I'll tell  you why.... my head is in so many other places. I didn't even realize when I awoke this morning that today is March 1st. Unawareness lasted only as long as it took to check my email. Then panic set in.
Getting back to my head....it is haunted by the nasty obsession of my Wednesday morning observation. An even darker, harder to reach corner I find it
ruminating is on the paperwork due tomorrow at 8:40. The very same paperwork I must miraculously morph into the required format from the scribble I scrawled on sticky notes all over my math teacher's guide. And if all this isn't consuming enough, my head hurts from dwelling in the mucky mire of conversations, rallies, YouTubes, and Facebook postings about the absurdity of Governor Cuomo's APPR plan (a whole 'nuther slice).

So there, I've done it. Day one of thirty-one completed.

Thank you to Stacey Shubitz and the rest of the generous souls who are part of Two Writing Teachers for this awe-inspiring opportunity.

4 comments:

  1. Good afternoon from snowy IN! "In your head" with all that goes on could be my story, too. Great description of the paperwork "morph and sticky notes." Who doesn't love sticky notes?! Sometimes writing whether a list or a "slice" is good for the "in your head" folks. :) I, too, have a poodle and a husband. The black poodle is loving this snowy day. Not so much the snow, shoveling husband. D :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it! It's a great community isn't it? My thoughts were all a mingle just like yours today. Here's to a great month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also felt like my thoughts were in several places at once today and it hasn't slowed down yet! I love this community and the way it pushes me to be a better writer! Here's to 30 more great writing days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with getting all that paperwork submitted before your observation! Mine is next week - I will be in YOUR shoes next weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.