About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Idea-less

Such a creature of habit am I that if I do not write my slice in the morning, I’m doomed.

So here it is nearing 9PM; I’ts more than twelve hours later than my usual writing time. Twelve more whole hours that could have inspired me to notice, to collect ideas, to ponder, or to think and what do I have to show for it?

Nada, zippo, zilch, naught. As Jerry Seinfeld’s George Costanza would say, “I got nuthin.”

Lesson learned: write in the morning. No matter what.


3 comments:

  1. I am similar...if I can't write a day ahead...I feel doomed too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, I prefer to write in the morning, but for the sake of a Slice I feel I ought to have some living. Not much happens at dawn tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I am also a bit afraid that I will forget If I don't get it done in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.