About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Currently

Today's slice is brought to you by Stacey Shubitz via Bev Baird

Currently:

Listening: to the hum of the wine cooler which needs yet another adjustment or to finally be replaced

Eating: finished my breakfast of avocado toast and a bowl of berries which left me with a tummy ache that had previously been under control since my return from Mexico

Drinking: a hot cup of peppermint tea in my favorite “r” mug in the hopes it will help my belly feel better

Wearing: my Hello Kitty pajama pants with my cozy Ugg slippers

Reading: other writers' slices in the hopes of unlocking my own, intermittently with Facebook

Feeling: the bluest of the blues

Wanting: to tame them

Needing: to hop into the shower and get this day rolling

Thinking: how hard it is to get up off the chair and away from the computer because I just don’t feel well at all


Enjoying: my poodles Leo and Ralph soothingly hovering knowing I’m not myself

14 comments:

  1. I started a load of laundry between checking slices and Facebook. Yay for Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started a load of laundry between checking slices and Facebook. Yay for Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh...feel better, it sounds like a slow down day for sure...xo nanc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for passing along the inspiration! I think I'll try this out myself! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping: The peppermint tea did the trick and you are feeling better.
    Liking: How you crafted this
    Thinking: I might use this soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better!
    Great photo on the boat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better!
    Great photo on the boat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Writing this late, so by now I really hope you are much better. This is such a fun way to share. Love that pic of paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you crafted this. I'd like to try it too! Thanks for the inspiration. Hope you feel better very soon:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will model this craft move for my first graders so they can try it on their blogs. They love commenting on my posts and then they'll give it a try too. Thanks for inspiring another idea!

      Delete
  10. I want to emulate this style of post one day too. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to capture the thoughts of your day. I'm definitely going to borrow this style of writing. What a great slice! I do hope you are feeling better and able to savor what is left of the weekend. Cuddle with those dogs...they are the best therapy around!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm planning a list post today, and I love our format. All the headings are so spot on! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm planning a list post today, and I love our format. All the headings are so spot on! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.