About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Friday, March 27, 2015

Children Forgive

Today I make amends. I call them to the meeting area. I tell them I’m sorry for making things ugly in our classroom these last few days. I ask if they’ve noticed. They politely and somewhat reluctantly say “Yeah, kind of.” I explain that an apology should never have a but attached to it and so I won’t say but. I explain that I feel sorry for taking out my stress and frustration on them. I tell them that I know they always do their best and I am so grateful for that. I promise to do better and give my best to them.

I ask their forgiveness and they overwhelmingly give it.


The beauty of teaching…..

2 comments:

  1. That is perfect...that is exactly what it takes sometimes to get everyone back on the right track. The best picture for your students to see is that you are human, you can make mistakes and learn from them. Get lessons of life. Hope next week chugs along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did exactly what needed to be done. We are not perfect, shouldn't even pretend to be. But we can be perfect examples of what to do when we mess up, and that is what you did. Kudos, and virtual hugs for a better week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.