About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Auto Ego

Twisting two-lane ribbon highway
Hardly the place to test this hot rod
That looked to have just escaped the junkyard

A 1946 Chevy ‘rat rod’
A four-mile stretch that snakes along
Cliffs and vistas that take your breath away

Keeping their distance from the low stone wall

A rebellious attitude
With loud manners
And an intentionally distressed appearance


“It handles well,” he said.

1 comment:

  1. What a great model for students to see and play with this style!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.