About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Monday, March 17, 2014

Road Trip

My sister lives in Albany and I live on Long Island not far from where we grew up.

We see each other about every other month or so since she comes to town for business or for family stuff.

She’s really good about making the trip down for family events and such. Plus, she travels for work fairly often so we will meet in the city or she can meet her nieces for lunch or coffee or whatever.

I’m not so good about going up to Albany to see her. I feel bad about it, I do. I hate driving long distances. I get road sleepy and it really sucks. When my parents were sick and living in Albany, I took the train every weekend to visit them with her. I just hate the drive.

But now, our parents are gone and I have been very bad about visiting my sister.

In fact, the last time I went to Albany was about a year and a half ago. I took the train. 

I decided I was going to visit my sister in Albany. We put the date on the calendar and I invited my daughters to come on a road trip with me. They said yes!

The new puppy, Zami
It was a quickie, just overnight. We got there, met her precious puppy, ate lunch, tooled around downtown a little bit, had a lovely dinner out, she made breakfast in the morning and we said our good-byes.

It was as always a great visit. She’s a welcoming host and loves having company.  The puppy is adorable.

We left early enough to stop off at the Woodbury Common outlets to shop on the way home. And, my co-pilots kept me awake!

Throwback to a time when distance didn't separate us

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.