About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What I Do



After work, exhausted, I plopped down in a showroom chair. Waiting to finalize the order for my new sofa, I actually closed my eyes. My father used to say “I’m not sleeping. I’m just resting my eyes.”

I was sleeping.
But only for a few seconds.  But admittedly out like a light.

In my reverie I heard  “Okay Mrs. Zimmerman we’re all set.”  I opened my eyes and the salesman, somewhat surprised by my snoozing, asked me what I do.

Without skipping a beat I said, “I teach 7 year olds how to be nice to each other.”

It was that kind of a day.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet comment. Teaching is a demanding job and the rewards are many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have captured that feeling of exhaustion catching you - just for a second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comedic timing always come through, whether your write, or speak...

    if you recall, the thing that always gave daddy away between "resting eyes" and "out like a a light" was the snoring...just sayin'

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.