About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Writer's Bloc


I get it…I mean I understand it. When I see my students struggling and don’t know what to write, I make suggestions. I question, I probe, I  e n c o u r a g e.

But what about me???  What about my writer’s bloc? Where is my encouragement or  suggestions as to what I should write about?

What about the days when I am simply blocked?

I’ve got it!

That’s what tomorrow is for.  :)

5 comments:

  1. I think we all have these kinds of days, and it helps us to understand and support our students when they experience the same thing. Tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep thinking I can't until I do. Writing unblocks you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm block, it's painful. I can relate...
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate! I felt a block today as well. I felt for my students too. I just wrote a slice about how getting my wonderings and questions about life down on paper help me create some starting points. Maybe that can help you too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think of yourself differently. Try to think of yourself as others think of you...for example...I think you are one of the funniest people I know...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.