About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Thank you note


To Stacey and Ruth,
Thank you so much for providing this forum for me to try on my writer’s outfit.


I compare the fit to the different styles of jeans.

Sometimes it feels relaxed and comfy.
Once in awhile, dark rinsed.
Other times, classic.
I try to be as often as possible skinny and tight.
But many times it's as unfamiliar as my boyfriend’s.
More than I’d like distressed.
Wishfully timeless.
When I’m tired, slim.
What I aim for, straight.
My voice as vintage as bell-bottoms.
But most of all, absolutely every day
Gratefully yours,
Rissa

7 comments:

  1. A new perspective on slicing. I like the analogy. A perfect fit for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image. I am always amazed at the analogies people can make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this analogy, Rissa. May I share this in one of my upcoming Tuesday calls for SOL stories on TWT? If so, please email me back at stacey[at]staceyshubitz[dot]com. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the others have said....what great analogy...how creative and so fun to read. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect analogy and very creative! A great end to a great month of slices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! I enjoyed the jeans metaphor. Creative reflection

    ReplyDelete
  7. So creative and spot on! I never thought of slices like jeans before-and would love to hangout in this idea every day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.