About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Movie Review


Last night I watched Parental Guidance with Billy Crystal and Bette Midler. No sillies, they weren’t watching with me; they starred in the movie along with Marisa Tomei and 3 really cute kids.

The movie made me excited to be a grandma someday. Not that it’s close yet, but I still dream of it.

Billy Crystal was so funny singing in the toilet to help his youngest grandson get the “urge” to poop. I would totally do that.

Bette Midler tried hard to stick to the vegan diet her daughter prescribed for the kids but when her cooking efforts tanked, they ordered in pizza. I would try to follow my daughters’ dietary restrictions but a little pizza couldn’t hurt!

Trying to be forward thinking, Artie and Diane (Billy and Bette) use appropriate strategies to preserve the kids’ self esteem, but they know when good old-fashioned discipline (served with love) is in order. I would never let my grandkids run amok no matter how precious they will be!

If you haven’t seen the movie, you should. You won’t be sorry. I laughed a lot. 
And now
I’m daydreaming of grandkids.

5 comments:

  1. Ha, sounds cute. I passed on it but I've heard that it works for family evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I think I will check it out...maybe pay per view. I like Bette Midler and Billy Crystal. I remember seeing the previews and thought it looked like a fun movie. I am glad you brought it back for me to remember to see. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great movie I laughed all the way through with my daughter and her grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good flick--which is hard to find! Thanks!

    I liked your line, " I would never let my grandkids run amok no matter how precious they will be!" Amen, "sister!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I joked with someone the other day that I'm "halfway to grandma" now that I've got teens. This sounds like a fun movie to help us think what trouble we'll make as grandparents!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.