About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Morning Stretch


Each morning since my running – impeded hip injury last summer, I do my stretching routine in front of the Today Show. NBC calls it a news show but seriously, watching Matt and Savannah report on political warring, infidelity, hostile paparazzi encounters, unmarried celebrity pregnancies, and horrific violence ad naseum is not the kind of news I want to watch as I begin my day.

But on Sunday, there’s a very special morning show that illuminates the start of my day and highlights the courage and grace of the human spirit. Without spouting nary a host’s personal opinion, CBS News Sunday Morning is an absolute breath of fresh air!

The battle for morning ratings could easily be won if the weekday shows would consider the CBS Sunday Morning model model. Imagine a day that begins with an inspirational story about bravery, compassion, kindness, and the unsinkable grit of real-life role models!

Surely I can’t be the only early riser who would prefer to start her morning on an up note.

6 comments:

  1. Yes indeed. Listen up CBS! I'd even record it for later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big morning television watcher, at least partly because I don't like to start my days with yucky stuff, but this sounds like it would be a good way to start a Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be wonderful if more news shows listed at least one inspirational piece. Reminds me to find the good in my every day too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hooked on Morning Joe...Joe can be a loud mouth, and Mika can let him get away with way too much be there's no sound track better... weekends are for serious conversations with Melissa Perry Harris. Yes, I am SO hooked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love watching CBS morning show on the weekends--especially on Sunday mornings! I would most likely watch more morning television if there were more mornings shows like CBS. Well, and the fact that I would not have to work in the morning:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watch the local news every morning as I get ready. It is ruled by shootings, court cases (old and new), and negative sad news. Rarely is there a happy or inspiring story. I could not agree more. Sometimes I switch to Sports Center for a break!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.