About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Interesting


She’d snip them and mail them to me in an envelope from Florida. Funny pieces written by Erma Bombeck, comics, recipes, local news, that sorta stuff. Things she had been reading that she thought I might find interesting.

Because as she read the newspaper and found things that were interesting,

she thought of me.

Now as I read the newspaper each morning, I cut the interesting pieces and paste them into text messages to send to my own girls. Stories about the world of fashion or social media, local news, that sorta stuff.

Because as I am reading things that are interesting,

I think of them. 

6 comments:

  1. The cycle of life. Wonderful little detail that says so much about all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to be thought of and pass those moments onto your own girls as well, they will appreciate the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely memory of your Mom and how you are passing that on to your daughters. It is wonderful to be thought about and remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day we will do the same for our daughters :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of your Mom (you look a lot like her) and that you think of her as you think of your daughters.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.