About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Breaking Up With Winter


We need to talk.

I just can’t do this anymore.

I need to put my black to rest.

Focus more on my colors.

I just want my closet back the way it used to be.

I need to wipe the mud from my boots.

I’m not in love with wool any more.

I deserve better than this.

Scarves, mittens, gloves just aren’t working for me.

Hats, I’m so over you.

There’s someone else.

You are going to make someone happy, someday.

But it’s over and it has been for a while.

I hate you.


3 comments:

  1. You said it, Rissa! Loved your poem. Seems that winter is getting very clingy in this relationship. We're in the midst of a snowstorm. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I feel the same way! Move on, winter, move on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Love it! One sentence per line is a great choice when it comes to tone -- abrupt and clippy! It reminded me of this poem:

    http://www.loc.gov/poetry/180/127.html

    We in Alberta are done with all this too -- but the snow keeps falling... :(

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.