About Me

I am a second-career teacher. In my other life, I crunched numbers as an accountant. Probably would have made a great math teacher had the thought occurred to me. No matter, I'm where I'm supposed to be; teaching third grade. Before that, 2nd grade and before that kindergarten. I have 2 grown daughters, 2 poodles, and 1 hubby. I live and work on Long Island.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A List of Wise-isms


This started out as just a list but it took on a life of its own, one that I try to model mine on.
Please share your wise sayings with me!

*A woman is like a tea bag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.
*All you need is love.
*A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
*Beauty comes from within.
*Birthdays should happen every day-or at least we should treat each other as if everyday is yours.
*Comparison is the thief of joy.
*Don’t ask permission, ask forgiveness.
*Don’t believe everything you hear.
*Don’t cry because it’s over; smile because it happened.
*Don't forget your manners.
*Elegance is not about being noticed, it's about being remembered.
*Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
*Girls just wanna have fun.
*Good things come to those who wait.
*Here comes the sun.
*If nothing ever changed, there’d be no butterflies.
*If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all.
*If you think you can’t you won’t, if you think you can, you will.
*In the middle of the night, when you can't fall back asleep, thinking of nothing is as close to impossible as anything in the world.
*It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
*Keep the faith.
*Keep it simple, stupid.
*Kill them with kindness.
*Learn from your mistakes.
*Learn something new every day.
*Live in the moment.
*Love means never having to say you’re sorry.
*Make it a great day!
*Money can’t buy you love.
*Money doesn’t buy happiness.
*Smile and the whole world smiles with you.
*So be it.
*Sometimes the things we can’t change end up changing us.
*That which doesn’t kill us, makes us stronger.
*The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
*The early bird catches the worm.
*This too, shall pass.
*Those who say don't know; those who know don't say.
*To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, and to be late is unacceptable.
*Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
*We'll zip up our zips and button our buttons. No need for good-bye, see you all of a sudden.
*When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.




1 comment:

  1. You have written a long list. I don't think I would have come up with so many sayings. I have one to add. Our family likes to follow:
    Live your life and let others live their life.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much! Thank you for leaving one.